This school for young women was founded in 1908 by the Holy Child Sisters, an order begun by St. Walburga, the first published woman writer. The chapel is in a former mansion built of stones in the Tudor Gothic Style. The students were most comfortable with a design that reflected the existing architecture so some fo the carved wood details were replicated for the altar, ambo and font. The tabernacle is a recall of the spire of the St. Walburga's church in Germany and contains a small vial of St. Walburga's oil. A single electrical light source is suplemented with eight beeswax candles in stone sconces on the chapel walls.
Award Winning Designs
Before & After
Church Interior Renovation
Artwork, Shrines, Votive Candles, etc.
Holy Child School, St. Walburga's Chapel